Whenever I feel like laying low for dinner, I always keep Tokyo Kitchen Japanese Restaurant in mind. This small authentic Japanese restaurant is situated on the outskirts of Yorkville (one of the most exclusive shopping districts in the world). I’ve been to Tokyo Kitchen numerous times now and find the prices here are really reasonable for what its worth plus I enjoy the laid back feel here =)
Tokyo Kitchen is conveniently located 2 blocks away from Bloor Subway station. The restaurant is clean and bright & cozy – ambiance here is unpretentious. This eatery almost reminds me of a cafe.
This restaurant is Japanese run. The menu here is pretty extensive and is packed with authentic offerings.
Tuna Sushi (2 pieces) A La Carte ($4.95)
Salmon Don ($11.95)
- 8 pieces salmon sashimi – this combo also comes with a garden salad
- I thought the sashimi was fresh – literally melted in my mouth!!! – very good deal for its price!
Takoyaki (6 pieces) $5.95
- The Takoyakis here was quite yummy. The flakes were moving when the dish arrived.
- However there was only one piece of tako in each and the rest was just batter!
Spicy Salmon Roll ($5.95)
- This roll is always a must order for me =)
- Perfect salmon to rice ratio – though the rolls can be quite small at times – but it seems to be more traditional and easier to eat
Overall the food here is average but in my opinion its one of the better and cheaper Japanese restaurants in the Yonge & Bloor area. I think its a great spot and better than the other places nearby.