A few months ago, I visited Sukho Thai (Parliament location) (@Sukhothaifood) and dragged a few foodies along with me: Carmen (@Carmenhungry), Andrew (@_aneb) and Andrea! This location is currently closed as they’re focusing on their newly opened location on Wellington. Regardless of where they move around Toronto, this eatery is legit serving more than just your average pad thai!
The Parliament location was narrow and not exactly spacious. Everything on the menu looked quite affordable. The only complaint I have was that their service was quite slow.
Thai Iced Tea ($4.00)
- Ever since I tried a Thai Iced Tea at Khao San Road, I was in love with it. So this was an obvious choice for me.
- I would compare the taste of this thai iced tea to a HK style milk tea but a sweeter version. This drink is uber good and super refreshing
Sukhothai Pad Thai ($11.25)
- Made with peanuts, more herbs and a small-town, northern-style, authentic-Thai twist
- Everything on the menu looked really good but I love my Pad Thai’s so I opted for their signature Sukhothai Pad Thai verses their pad thai. The difference between their signature and their regular pad thai, according to their website is the chef’s signature touch. So I’m assuming its the sauce
- But whatever the touch is, it’s legit. It was really tasty, sweet, LOVED the ciltrano kick to it. No Ketchup.
Khao Soi ($10.25)
- Yellow noodles in curry gravy with green onions, coriander and a light, crispy noodle topping. Choice of chicken or beef.
- This is among one of the popular choices. Something I have to go back to the Wellington location to check out.
Tom Yum King ($8.75)
- Hot and sour shrimp soup with Galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, coriander, onions and tomatoes. Served with rice
Red Curry with Beef <Gaeng Phed> ($8.75)
- Red Curry with squash, kaffir lime leaves, basil leaves, red and green pepers and coconut milk. Choice of chicken, beef or tofu and served with rice.
- Man, sometimes I just wish I had higher tolerance for spicy foods… Anyways Carmen ordered this and loved it. Thai cuisines use coconut in their curry so this was a win for her!
As I mentioned earlier, Sukho Thai in my opinion is authentic as it gets in terms of Thai cuisine. I can always resort to this place whenever I’m craving for some authentic Thai Iced Tea and signature pad thai. Lastly, depending on where you guys are located, the Wellington Location is a lot more convenient for me so hopefully I’ll be checking them out soon!