On the very last day of my weekend trip to New York City, I dragged my cousins with me to line up at Shake Shack (@shakeshack) first thing in the morning. Although they seemed to hate me during the wait (lol) , it was all worth it in the end when our food came! :D Thankfully our hotel was very close to this particular location at the Theatre District on 8th avenue & 44th street, so it wasn’t THAT long of a wait.
This location opens daily from 11am to Midnight. Many people have said there’s always a huge line so we arrived 20 mins prior to opening. Once the door opens, there’s 2 separate lines: 1 is for ordering cold foods (shakes or ice creams) – for people that are planning to grab something quick and the other line is for ordering everything else!
After you order and pay, they give you a little buzzer – shortly after 10 minutes, our food was ready. Also, there are no combos at Shake Shack, so if you want fries and a drink with your burger then you have to order it separately.
Their burgers are 100% all natural Angus beef. No hormones and no antibiotics ever. Their proprietary Shack blend is freshly ground. All burgers are cooked medium unless otherwise requested.
Shroom Burger ($4.90 – vegetarian)
- Crisp-fried portobello mushroom filled with with melted muenster and cheddar cheeses, topped with lettuce, tomato and Shacksauce
ShackBurger ($4.60 – single)
- Cheeseburger topped with lettuce, tomato, and ShackSauce
- I also ordered the Shackburger along with my cousin
- It was the perfect size, a juicy beef patty not overbearing or too gluttonous
- Despite the amount of orders for burgers going into their kitchen, each of our burgers were made with care
Hamburger ($3,60 – single)
- with lettuce, tomato and onions
SmokeShack ($6.25 – Single)
- Cheeseburger topped with Niman Ranch all-natural applewood smoked bacon, chopped cherry pepper and ShackSauce
Cheese Fries ($3.70)
- Crinkle cut Yukon potatoes. 100 % free of artificial trans fats
- Topped with their special blend of cheddar and American cheese sauce
- I love poutines but I don’t usually like cheese fries because I personally find them too heavy for my liking. However, these were unexpectedly light without being too “gunky”
- These fries must be eaten right away or they get soggy really quickly
Of course Shake Shack will be on my radar next time I visit New York! I totally understand the hype about this place and it probably shows why there’s still a hype now even when this Shack Shack “buzz” happened years back. When you guys do check out this place, please be prepared to wait in line (not for too long) unless you arrive when they open!
We ordered extra burgers for our trip back home! :D