Trevor Kitchen & Bar (@TrevorKitchen) is the third place I’ve visited for summerlicious (@liciousTO) this year. One of the things that really drawn me to the restaurant is their wide selection of choices offered on their licious menu & also it seemed like a great deal for $35!
Opened back in October 2006, Trevor Kitchen & Bar is situated in the heart of downtown Toronto on Wellington St.
Bread to start
Potato crusted crab cake
- Served with green mango & chili aioli
- The Potato crusted crab cake was lightly crispy on the outside – can taste the chunks of crab pieces in every bite
- Paired perfectly well with the chili aioli sauce & cilantro – however I thought the dish lacked texture, everything under the lightly crusted layer was very soft and mushy
Bacon & tomato salad
- served with avocado ranch & crispy shallots
Duo of mini kobe burgers
- served with garlic truffle mayo & sea salted frites
12oz Grilled Pork Chop
- Served with ancho chili apple sauce, haricots verts & red cabbage
Surf & Turf
- dry aged Alberto sirloin steak & jumbo prawn with truffled goat cheese poutine
- I ordered my sirloin steak medium rare, and found they gave me more of a medium.
- My first bite in I noticed the sirloin steak was a little over cooked and dry
- I had a hard time cutting & chewing the steak…
- I remembered being really excited to eat the jumbo shrimps however I don’t have a recollection of the taste….
- The truffle goat cheese poutine here is amazing!! The fries were lightly crisped – perfect ratio between the gravy / cheese on fries
- Honestly couldn’t get enough of the poutine
Dark chocolate & caramel torte
- Served with peanut butter chantilly
- The Creme Brulee here was so much better than the one I had at Parts & Labour
- The cookies here were pretty soft but with a bit of texture
- In terms of the custard – it was very smooth and tasted really sweet – Oh so good!
- (Sorry about the quality for this picture – I was SO excited to try the creme brulee that I forgot to take a picture with my DSLR – only ended up taking a picture with my phone to tweet =p)
Overall, I thought the food was worth the $35 they charged for summerlicious. Besides my overcooked steak everyone else seemed to quite enjoy their meals. I can’t say that I was completely satisfied with my meal but I still want to visit again and try items off their regular menu as I have heard many good things about it. In terms of service, everything came really quickly – literally one after another – felt a little rushed but I guess restaurants try to have higher turnovers rates during licious to accommodate more customers. – Thank you for reading! =)
Price: $35 + taxes + gratuity