I visited Cafe Mania just 2 weeks ago with a friend and it wasn’t as good as I hoped it would be. Perhaps I’ve read many good things about the place so I walked in with higher expectations. Cafe Mania definitely lacks service. And in terms of their desserts, I thought it was alright but I’ve had better. Perhaps, I just dropped by at the wrong time?
Anyways, Service was a bit slow. They had 2 people working at the time: one taking the order and the other was making the desserts at the front. When our server arrived with our desserts, he placed our cutlery on the table (which wasn’t very clean to begin with) and he then apologized for running out of napkins!
Mania’s Darling ($9.69)
- drizzled caramel fudge topped with fresh apple slices, walnuts, scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream with a touch of cinnamon
- Mania’s Darling is very heavy and very filling – the waffle itself came very warm + soft and yummy
- Unfortunately, I’m not a big fan of cinnamon so I only had a few bites – but I totally understand the hype over the waffle – I mean just look at the presentation! =D
Exotic Mania ($8.79)
- Nutella, fresh strawberries, fresh bananas, shredded coconut, scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream and icing sugar
- The exotic mania was not bad. The crepe was soft and chewy. The warm Nutella was smothered all over which made it taste even better! They did not skimp on the strawberries and bananas
A closer shot of the Exotic Mania…
Overall, I thought this place was just alright. All I can say is that I’ve tasted better waffles & crepes within the same price bracket. As I mentioned earlier, service was leaning on the slower end. Perhaps I just dropped by at the wrong time….