Chicago Style Pizza is a hole in the wall restaurant tucked away in the midst of Hamilton. I rarely travel to Hamilton and I’m not too sure of many restaurants that offer Deep Dish Pizza in the GTA. But when someone offers to drive you to Hamilton to check out deep dish pizza – you can’t really say no to that haha! Trust me, this place is totally worth the trek! (wherever you are!)
This visit is my 3rd trip to Chicago Style Pizza. I visited this restaurant twice back in 2012 (blog post here) and this time being the third. It’s been 4 years since my last visit – the layout hasn’t changed much but a renovation definitely occurred to brighten up the space and accommodate more guests. We visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening for dinner service. I reckon you arrive once they open for dinner service (4pm). I knew the lines would be crazy and indeed they were. We arrived at 4:10pm and the restaurant was already 90% full. Before 5pm, there were already 20-25 people waiting outside the restaurant and no they do not take reservations.
They didn’t seem to have a lot of wait staff but it didn’t really matter because each and every one of the wait staff present were super informative, efficient and polite. By no means did we feel like we were being rushed (despite the lines outside)
Bread to Start
- I didn’t enjoy the complimentary bread. It was hard and a little tough to eat.
Garden Salad (came as a side with the pasta)
Combo Bread ($6.25)
- For those who can’t decide. Half Bruschetta, Half Garlic Bread with cheese.
- Yes, you can order Bruschetta and Garlic Bread with cheese separately
- This was absolutely delicious – toasted perfectly. The melted cheese on garlic was amazing – I can’t pick which side I like more because they were both good!
Appy Platter ($9.50)
- Breaded fried cheese ravioli and juicy battered mushrooms with dip. Greater starter to share!
- Served pipping hot! Lightly breaded – We enjoyed the battered mushrooms more than the cheese ravioli just because they were was more flavour in juice in the battered mushrooms.
- This unique Pizza Pie is made in a deep dish pan and is just loaded with cheese and pizza sauce. We lay a thin layer of dough into the deep dish pan and up the sides, add sauce and all your toppings, then fill it with a special blend
- Comes in 2 sizes – the one shown below is the small (6 slices)
- The stuffed pizza takes approximately 30 mins to cook
Regular Topping ($1.40 per topping)
Pepperoni, Green Pepper, Pineapple, Ham, Hot Banana Pepper, Fresh Garlic, Bacon, Onion, Anchovy, Meatball, Black Olive, Tomato Slices, Green Olive, Caper, Mushroom.
This was exactly how I remembered it 4 years ago. Cheese was oozing out of the crust and in between every slice. Given the name of the pizza, the topping were literally “stuffed” inside – they were very generous with toppings. This was heavenly and a very satisfying indulgent. In addition to the base topping of the Sauce & Cheese base, we opted for Mushrooms, Ham and Green Peppers.
Match Made in Heaven ($15.75)
- 1 Meat filled cannelloni snuggled beside 1 spinach ricotta manicotti under a blanket of mozzarella. Choice of tomato or meat sauce and soup or garden salad (for one).
Chicken Alfredo ($14.75)
- Breaded chicken breast and fettucine all under our creamy alfredo sauce.
For those don’t really fancy deep dish pizza, Chicago Style Pizza also offers 2 different types of pizza crust : Regular Crust / Thick Crust. I really like how you can cater your pizza here to any size, shape and form – the menu does get a little bit overwhelming because of the selections. They also offer sandwiches and a galore of pasta options with a separate section for red and white sauce bases. I highly recommend making the trek to Hamilton to check this restaurant out!