Two freezing nights ago, I had the pleasure of attending Jack Astor‘s(@jack_astors) preview of their Winter Fling Festival at their Dundas Square location. That particular evening consisted of serving new flavours of regionally- brewed craft beer alongside with large portions of their satisfying comfort foods. The Winter Fling Festival is on now through January 19th – at ALL Jack Astor‘s restaurants!!
CRAFT BEER SELECTION:
Mill Street: Tankhouse Ale
- Described as: redhead, bold, spicy and fiery
Granville Island: Lions Winter Ale
- Described as: west-coast at heart, a premium malt with aromatic specialty hops and a smooth vanilla finish seems dark
Flying Monkeys: Hoptical Illusion Almost Pale Ale
Described as: this full bodied ale hits you through underneath with sweet honey malts + a clean finish
Cluckin’ Chicken Dippers
- A Jack Astor’s original!
- Tender Chicken pieces tossed in their signature seasoned flour and fried to a crisp golden brown
- Served with their unique sauces and salts
- Sprinkle, Dip, mix and match to make these chicken dippers to your liking
Asiago Shrimp & Smoked Mozza Ravioli
- Roasted shrimp encrusted with Asiago seasoned flour are placed atop smoked Mozzarella basil ravioli tossed in a creamy tomato sauce with toasted tomatoes
- Topped with saved Parmesan and fresh baby arugula
Holiday Brie Chicken
- Grilled double breast of chicken, glazed in a honey dijon sauce and topped with spicy pecans, toasted almonds, diced cranberries, apricos and creamy Brie cheese
- Served with Jack’s mashed potatoes with sweet onion gravy and market fresh vegetables
- A deliciously fresh + gooey soft cookie
Cherry on Top Chocolate Trifle
- A layering of German chocolate cake, fresh whipped cream and brandied cherries
- Topped with more whipped cream, brandied cherries and shaved dark chocolate
My favourites of the night were of course the cluckin’ chicken dippers for the starter. I’m a girl that loves anything deep fried so seeing chicken dipper on the menu made me tres excited! The little bite size chicken pieces served crispy hot – dipped in my favourite plum sauce was the perfect compliment for each other. The other highlight dish of the night was the Asiago Shrimp & Smoked Mozza Ravioli – I don’t exactly ever recall having arugula in my pasta – usually its served on my pizzas or salads etc. But for whatever reason – the creamy pasta sauce went really well together with the large pieces of shrimp and ravioli!
At the end of the night, we were given a basket of goodies to take home 🙂 The basket included a glass water bottle, a beer glass, a jar of hot sauce and a $25 gift card! Thanks for everything!
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content