I heart Marben (@MarbenResto). Ever since my visit here 2 weeks ago, I’ve been non-stop thinking about their mushroom risotto and lobster guacamole. The thing is I keep kicking myself asking why didn’t I make my way here earlier! Actually, my friend and I were suppose to dine at Rodney’s Oysters that evening but luckily they were super packed so we ended up stumbling our way to Marben.
This gorgeous venue is situated on Wellington Street surrounded by many residential buildings. The resto wasn’t quite noticeable in the dark but once we entered the eatery, I was visually impressed – lit candles placed on every table, exposed brick walls and wooden furniture.
We sat at the table across from the open kitchen.
Bread to Start:
Lobster Guacamole ($14.00)
- P.E.I. Lobster, Smoked Jalapeno Salsa, Ciltrano, Chile, Wine
- This was definitely a solid app – great for sharing
- Served with 4 big pieces of lobster – the avocado made it tasty & refreshing with a bit of strong kick in flavour with the addition of cilantro
- My friend and I finished this appetizer in no time – very addictive!
Wild Mushroom Risotto ($19.00)
- Seasonal Ontario & B.C. Mushrooms, Leek Puree
- The risotto was not lacking in flavour not in the mushroom department as seemingly each bite instilled a strong mushroom taste
- The dish was perfectly cooked with a welcoming addition of greenery on the plate
- I have been nonstop thinking about this risotto ever since… highly recommend!
John’s Burger ($18.00)
- Branston Pickle, Braised Ribs, Aged Cheddar, Coleslaw and fries
- Marben is well known for their braised ribs burger as it was voted as the #1 burger in Toronto by Torontolife
Closer shot of the Marben Burger
- The John’s Burger is very juicy and tender with buns that are made in house
- The burger was served on a board already sliced in half – cooked rare
- Old cheddar cheese oozed over the side of the meat, containing hidden braised ribs
- The french fries perhaps could have been served warmer by the time we got them but still yummy
- They came with a garlic aioli and ketchup for dipping
White Chocolate Panna Cotta ($8.00)
- House made Sorbet
- The White chocolate Panna Cotta was very decadent and aromatic
- Almost as good as the one I tried at Scarpetta – very creamy and smooth
My friend and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I can honestly say this was a very good and memorable meal from beginning to end. Friendly service and lively atmosphere. Highly recommend this restaurant! 😀