I just want to announce to the world that Scarpetta (@ScarpettaTO) is hands down, my all time favourite Italian restaurant! My experience here was beyond expectations: the service, presentation, atmosphere & quality and the attention to detail of the food was impeccable.
Scarpetta is an upscale Italian restaurant located within the Thompson Hotel along King Street Village. Celebrity Chef Scott Conant, oversees all the Scarpetta restaurants located in New York, Las Vegas, Beverly Hills, Miami Beach & last but not least, Toronto!
The ambiance at Scarpetta evokes a rustic elegance – dark, with a blue-ish glow lighting up the restaurant.
Winterlicious 2012 Menu: Everything I ordered that evening were all part of Scarpetta’s Signature Dishes
Bread Basket: a wonderful selection of bread and dips came as we were ordering. Dips included mascarpone butter, eggplant tapenade and olive oil.
And you may be wondering what I mean by “wonderful selection of bread” This is probably one of the best bread baskets I ever had – this warm loaf of bread instills meat and cheese stromboli ~ Uber delicious!
Since my friends and I had minimal description of what we wanted, a sommelier was sent our way and gave us very good suggestions. We really appreciated his assistance because their great wall of wine is a bit overwhelming!
- Fricassee of truffled mushrooms
- This primi piatti is one of Scarpetta’s Signature Dishes which is offered on their regular menu for $15
- The dish is first presented with just the polenta and then the server comes around and carefully drizzles the plate with fricassee of truffled mushrooms
- One of the best polenta’s I ever had, It was honestly mind melting!
- Very soft and extremely smooth
As usual, I can comment on the dishes that I tried and show you pictures of the ones I didn’t try (lol)
Braised Short Ribs of Beef
- Vegetable & farro risotto
- This primi piatti is offered on Scarpetta’s regular menu for $16
Spaghetti – Tomato & Basil
- This piatti is one of Scarpetta’s most famous dishes and offered on their regular menu for $24
- The pasta is made to perfection and cooked al dente!
- The sauce was very flavourful but not overpowering – deceivingly filling for its size (I had to pack half of this home)
- Very scrumptious – had the perfect hint of tomato & basil marinara sauce
- Mussels, salsify, Tuscan kale & salsa verde
- $29 on Scarpetta’s regular dinner menu
Roasted Organic Chicken
- Chestnut spaetzle, braised cabbage & fegato sauce
- $28 on Scarpetta’s regular dinner menu
Coconut Panna Cotta
- Guava soup & caramelized pineapple
- This dolce was absolutely fantastic – highlight of the meal
- Very light and refreshing after a good meal
- It’s something that you cannot pass up =p
Amedei Chocolate Cake
- Burnt orange-caramel gelato & espresso sauce
My verdict: As an avid lover of delicious food, Scarpetta definitely tops my list! Service and food was impeccable – the sommelier kept our wine flowing and the food was made in extreme attention to detail! Scarpetta is a great spot for an awesome meal! Absolutely loved my entire fine dining experience here and will definitely return (lol)- The spaghetti & coconut panna cotta is a must try!
Price: $35 + tax + gratuity