A few weeks ago, I ventured off to the heart of Liberty Village to enjoy a delicious brunch at School Cafe & Bakery (@Schoolville). I woke up tres early on a sunny Saturday morning and arrived at School just before 9:30am to find that we were the second group to arrive. And moments later, a line starting to form behind us.Thank God we arrived early because during the whole drive up I was contemplating if it was really necessarily to wake up so early for brunch – But it was all worth it in the end =D
I love the whole school theme-concept for the restaurant. Even our waitress was dressed up in a cute school uniform. Their decor takes me back to the days when I was in elementary school – ahhh I miss recess =( They have large windows on one side that fills up the room with warm natural lighting and lits up the entire restaurant giving it a very warm and cozy feeling.
Open Kitchen Concept!
All clocks point to 3:30!
School Brunch Menu on an A4 lined paper on a clip board
I ordered a small Cappuccino ($3.40) and my friend ordered a Fresh Orange Juice ($5)
- The hot cappuccino was perfect for a windy day outside however, we thought the fresh orange juice for $5 was a bit over priced (?) – especially since the cup was so tiny!
Spiced Benni ($13)
- on Cheddar Chive Biscuit with Back Bacon, Chipotle Hollandaise & Home Fries
- This was my very first time tasting Chipotle Hollandaise sauce and it is without a doubt the best sauce to complement the perfect chive biscuit with bacon
- It was just luscious <3
- My only complaint is that their home fries were a bit dry – So I had to ask for ketchup – but other than that …. School gets A+ for my spiced benni =]
Super Cheesy French Toast ($13)
- With double smoked bacon, maple syrup & greens
- The melted cheese with maple syrup brought the french toast to a whole new level – definitely bolder flavours
- The fresh salad on the side was quite refreshing after bombarding the taste buds – the greens gave the balance that it needed for the dish
Fresh baked goodies on the way out =] I really wanted to grab a muffin to go but there was literally NO ROOM for it haha – maybe next time 🙂
School Bakery & Cafe is undoubtedly the perfect place to go for solid brunches. Not only is the food excellent but the restaurant itself gives a very cozy, laid back and relaxing vibe. Perfect if you feel lazy on a Saturday morning!