Zee Grill Seafood Restaurant is one of the oldest and best seafood restaurants in Toronto. I read several great reviews and a friend had also recommended their “surf and turf”. I absolutely LOVED my experience there – minus 1 thing… but will definitely come back!
The exterior of the restaurant isn’t fancy or anything but when you walk in it’s a totally different vibe – romantic with lots of candles and spotlights. I loved how they filled up the exposed brick walls with random quotes!
I loved how cozy and warm the restaurant felt. There’s also a private party room to the left of where I was seated
“All your dreams can come true… if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney (Sorry about the glare – lol)
I was slightly disappointed when I found out they didn’t offer any mixed drinks i.e. cocktails =( They only offered wine and pop …
Bread to start:
- I didn’t like the bread – it wasn’t warm and was extremely chewy and hard
B.C. Dungeness Crab Cake ($13)
- the crab cake was served with corn relish & sambal aioli
- Although the crab cake wasn’t large (finished in about 3 bites lol) literally every bite was ALL fresh crab meat
- it was incredibly delicious and scrumptious
Surf and Turf ($28)
- 5 oz AAA Alberta Angus Tender Loin & jumbo prawns & spinach-potato mash vidalia onion rings
- I loved how the chef was so gentle in assembling this dish
- I usually opt out when it comes to mushrooms- I don’t mind the texture but I simply dislike the taste of it – however, I finished all the mushrooms on this plate (for the first time); it was flavourful and delicious
Close Up of the spinach-potato mash vidalia onion rings
- the onion rings were crispy – not too hard or chewy
- I thought the spinach potato mash went SO well together
- the mash was so soft and creamy – I wish they added more to the plate (lol)
Close up of 5 oz AAA Alberta Angus Tender Loin & jumbo prawns
- the prawns and my medium rare tender loin were both cooked perfectly
- flavourful and well-seasoned
Wild Stripped Sea Bass ($27) – can’t comment about the sea bass because I didn’t try it
And of course I didn’t order desserts because I like to optimize my experiences by trying new places after dinner : ) I would definitely come back because my surf and turf was delectable; honestly one of the best surf and turfs I ever had – and also need to try their oysters : ) The only downside is that maybe it is a tad pricier than other seafood restaurants but its money well spent!