So after hopping off the plane, my friend and I quickly checked in & dropped off our bags at the hotel and rushed to make our lunch reservations at Hank’s Oyster Bar (@HanksOysterBar)! Recommended to me by quite a few local Washington food bloggers, I was tres excited to check out this hot lunch spot.
The weather was amazing – sun was shining down all weekend! Patios was opened at Hank’s Oyster Bar that day but we opted to eat inside only because we wanted explore decor of the eatery!
Lots of natural lighting pouring into the restaurant.
Goldfishes to temporary fill up our hungry stomachs!
2 Blue Point Oyster ($4.50)
2 Golden Chesapeak Oyster ($4.50)
2 Ayock Salt Oyster ($4.50)
Crab cake Eggs Benedict ($16.00)
- The crab cake eggs Benedict here was not bad but was leaning towards the heavier side. The crab cake itself was a bit mushy with not much texture.
- The potatoes garnishing the plate were a bit oily
Popcorn Shrimp & Calamari ($10.00)
- an appetizer that is a cute shareable portion of super tender seafood – perfectly fried.
- The batter was light and crisp and went easy enough on the natural taste of the seafood
- Served in a cute little tin
Hanks’ Oyster Bar is a casual yet sophisticated eatery to grab some shareables. The popcorn shrimp and calamari were great. The oysters were light and refreshing, varied in taste and size but were all extremely fresh. My friend wasn’t too pleased with the crab cakes but loved the oysters – ALSO, please keep in mind they have Half Price Raw Bar from 10pm-12am every night =)
More Washington Posts: