The Left Bank is hands down one of my top 5 favourite restaurants of all time. Ever since my recent visit, I’ve been dying to come back – hopefully to indulge in at least everything on their menu. This is really rare for me – but my experience here was just unbelievable and the food was beyond fantastic. We walked in with high expectations and were not disappointed at all!
The Left Bank is a cozy restaurant situated in Buffalo – approximately 30 minutes from the Niagara Falls border. The restaurant gives off a romantic ambiance yet casual atmosphere – it may get real busy so be prepared for noise!
We visited on a Sunday evening and thank God we decided to make reservations because the place was jam packed when we arrived.
Table setting & Dinner Menu + Daily Specials!
Bread to start: The bread was served cold but the dip that went with the bread was memorable and addicting.
Bruschetta ($9.00) – Daily
- Topped with saved ribeye, roasted red pepper cheese spread, asparagus and mozzarella
- Their bruschetta changes on a daily basis
- I rarely order bruschettas’ at restaurants – but the ones at left bank are an exception
- Felt like I was in heaven – each bruschetta tasted like a mini pizza slice
A closer shot…
Fried Oysters ($9)
- with tomato corn and jalapeno sauce and creole remoulade
- I never order oysters when I dine out because I’m afraid of the “slimy” texture – but I didn’t mind it at all – in fact, I highly recommend this!
- The thickness of the batter was perfect – crispy and chewy
- The tomato corn and jalapeno sauce nicely balanced out the “heaviness” of the fried oysters
Carrot Papardella Pasta ($22)
- tossed with lobster, shrimp and crabmeat served in a shellfish brandy cream with julienne vegetables, arugula and tarragon
- WOW! the carrot papardella is the best seafood pasta I ever had – seriously
- The Left Bank does not skimp out on seafood because I could taste delicious lobster pieces in every bite
- In terms of the pasta itself -it was cooked to a perfect al dente- very tasty – just loved how rich and creamy the sauce tasted
Ravioli ($20) – Daily
- Filled with breaded chicken, banana peppers and mixed cheeses, served with San Marzano tomato sauce
- The Left Bank has a daily Ravioli feature
- The ravioli was humongous – it’s not one of those bite sized ravioli – it was one huge piece – resembled more of a lasagna in my opinion
- The ravioli was very rich and the breaded chicken made it incredibly filling – mmm! the cheesiness of the pasta made it so hearty comforting!
Closer shot of the ravioli
My verdict? – The food here is without a doubt amazing – fresh ingredients and generous portions – all for a reasonable price. Due to the large portions – we ended up packing both the pastas home! If only they could open a Toronto location…That would just make my life! Highlight of the dinner is hard to say – because both courses were just as stellar!